Phone Life Coaching -
The Benefits Of Coaching By Phone
While there may be a tendency to regard phone life coaching as inferior to face-to-face coaching there is evidence suggesting that phone coaching is just as effective. Combined with the other significant benefits that come with coaching this may indeed be the ideal method of coaching for many.
How Effective Is Phone Coaching?
A 2009 global coaching client study conducted by the International Coach Federation (ICF) helps shed some light on this topic. The study, based on feedback from 2,130 coaching clients from around the globe, found that there were just about as many clients coaching over the phone (47%) as there were clients coaching in person (50%).
Another finding of the study was that a full 99% of coaching clients were satisfied with their coaching experience and a full 96% would hire a life coach again in the future. Combining the fact that 50% of coaching clients receive coaching over the phone, with the fact that the dominant majority of coaching clients would hire a life coach again as an effective solution, strongly supports the efficacy of phone life coaching.
Beyond its effectiveness, phone coaching offers significant benefits to coaching clients that aren't enjoyed with face-to-face coaching...
Unique Benefits of Phone Life Coaching
Outlined below are some of the obvious and perhaps not-so-obvious benefits of coaching by phone...
- Availability - Coaching is a very personal relationship that is facilitated by a compatible rapport between client and coach. Once you find a life coach that you feel is right for you, geographical limitations need not get in the way. Phone life coaching allows you to work with the best life coaches from anywhere in the world.
- Convenience - An obvious advantage is the convenience of not having to commute for a life coaching session. If you have access to a phone, you have access to your coach.
- Flexibility - With phone life coaching, you choose the environment in which you wish to be coached. You could be strolling along a beach, walking through a forest or park, sitting by a bubbling brooke or any other environment that would feel comfortable for you. For many, this will be the privacy and comfort of their own home.
- Less Stress - No traffic and minimal hastle means that you can participate in the coaching session immediately without wasting time to unwind. This allows you to take maximum advantage of everything the life coaching session has to offer. The fact that you are engaging your coach from the comfort of your home or other familiar surroundings further supports a mindset conducive to optimal learning.
- Effectiveness - Many people find it easier to open up and share freely without the physical presence of a coach. The visual appearance of another human being may disturb valuable introspection that may otherwise take place. The absence of distracting visual stimuli and the focus on listening allows coach and client to work on a deep level.
The advantages of phone coaching notwithstanding, some people prefer to meet in person. If we live in the same city this can readily be arranged.
For more information about life coaching online, visit:
Professional Life Coaching Solutions
What is a Life Coach
How Effectiveness is Personal Life Coaching
Choosing a Personal Life Coach